The shortlist was announced for the 2016 Irish Responsible Tourism Awards. There are 6 categories for each award – designed to celebrate those making a difference in Ireland and using tourism to benefit local communities, economies and the environment.
Award categories and shortlisted businesses are:
- Best Destination for Responsible Tourism: Mulranny (Co. Mayo), Inishbofin Community Services
- Programme (Co. Galway), Sheep’s Head Way (Co. Cork)
- Best for Accessible & Inclusive Tourism: Mobility Mojo, Gleneagle Hotel Group (Co. Kerry)
- Best for Natural Heritage Tourism: Doolin Cave (Co. Clare), Burren Nature Sanctuary (Co. Clare), Sea
- Synergy Marine Awareness & Activity Centre (Co. Kerry)
- Best Innovation in Responsible Tourism: Great Lighthouses of Ireland, The Blackfriary Community Heritage & Archaeology Project (Co. Meath)
- Best Local Authority Initiative for Responsible Tourism: Westport Smarter Travel Bike Buffet (Mayo County Council), Lough Muckno (Monaghan County Council)
- Best Tourism Accommodation for Local Sourcing: Fuchsia Lane Farm Holiday Cottages (Co. Tipperary), Hotel Doolin (Co. Clare), Seaview B&B (Co. Clare)
Award winners will be announced at the 2016 Irish Responsible Tourism Conference on Thursday 6th October 2016 at the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Golden Lane, Dublin 8.
This article was originally published on businessworld.ie. To read the whole story, visit Irish Responsible Tourism Awards 2016.