Learn how to communicate sustainability to boost sales and make customers love you!
Setting out your business on a sustainable journey is part of the adventure. If you want to stand out for these actions you may have to go further, and improve the way you communicate what you are doing too.
About the guide
Who is this Guide for?
- Saying that you are green & eco never brought you any sales.
- Your business kicks off only during a short tourist season.
- Customers seem not to care about your sustainability commitment.
- No one is reading the “responsible travel” tab on your website.
- Awards and certifications for being eco didn’t bring any tangible benefits for your business.
If any of these statements sound familiar, this Guide is exactly what you need!
What is this Guide for?
There are many companies that are very good at being sustainable but find it difficult to communicate this to their customers in ways that benefit their business. Many still believe that saying “I’m sustainable” is enough to attract and retain consumers. The brutal truth is that only very few customers will travel to your hotel or use your services for altruistic reasons. People are traveling because they want to have good time.
We will shift the approach. You will be no longer communicating “I’ve got a green logo”, “I’m in a certification program” or “I am green because I reduce my carbon emissions”. Instead, you will tell your customers what they are going to get from it!
We will help you answer the following questions:
✓ Who do I tell about sustainability?
✓ Why do I talk about sustainability?
✓ What do I say about sustainability?
✓ Where do I talk about sustainability?
✓ When do I talk about sustainability?