The UNWTO has launched a competition looking for a logo that translates the value of sustainable tourism to universal development in all its dimensions: economic, social and environmental as per the five key areas:
- Inclusive and sustainable economic growth
- Social inclusiveness, employment and poverty reduction
- Resource efficiency, environmental protection and climate change
- Cultural values, diversity and heritage
- Mutual understanding, peace and security.
The Logo Competition for the International Year will be running from 23 June until 15 July 2016.
Open to anyone over 18 years old, the winner will be invited to the official launch of the International Year in Madrid on 18 January 2017 (the Organization will offer, accommodation for 2 nights in Madrid).