This year, TOFTigers has teamed up with India’s premier natural history publisher, Sanctuary Asia, and India’s best known travel magazine, Outlook Traveller, for the Fourth TOFTigers Wildlife Tourism Awards 2016.
The aim is to highlight the very best of nature tourism in the Indian subcontinent, with the theme this year being ‘Rewilding – at the heart of responsible nature tourism’.
For the first time TOFT will be inviting both clients and visitors to vote on their nature experience on some of the categories as part of the judging process. They have also introduced a new awards category to reward those at the forefront of excellence in nature.
The nine Awards categories:
- The John Wakefield Memorial Award for Most Inspirational Eco Lodge of the Year 2016
- Up and Coming Excellence for Nature Award 2016
- The Billy Arjan Singh Memorial Award for Best Wildlife Guide of the Year 2016
(also carries INR 20,000 prize)
- Lodge Naturalist of the Year 2016
(also carries INR 25,000 prize)
- Visitor Friendly Wildlife Destination of the Year 2016
(also carries a prize INR 75,000 worth of kit or equipment to be used in tiger protection/conservation)
- Wildlife Promotion Company of the Year 2016
- Wildlife Tourism Related Community Initiative of the Year 2016
(also carries a prize of INR 50,000)
- Wildlife and Tourism Initiative of the Year 2016
(also carries a prize of INR 50,000 towards equipment/services for the benefit of the community)
- International Wildlife Tour Operator of the Year 2016
Public voting 1 May-8 July 2016 www.toftigers.org/awardsvoting
The deadline for nominations is 8 July 2016.
The winners will be announced at a prestigious Gala Awards dinner in Delhi on 23 September 2016.
Click here for further details on the Awards and Nomination form.