Tourists to Spain will find it easier to discover and enjoy the country’s many protected areas thanks to a free multiplatform app that has recently been launched. Called EcotouristinSpain, the app also has online video challenges encouraging people to boost their knowledge of these areas, even if they can’t get to them.
- Destinations and businesses included have chosen to voluntarily comply with the environmental and social requirements established in the European Sustainable Tourism Charter in Protected Areas of the EUROPARC Federation.
- Spain has more than 1,500 protected natural areas covering more than 7 million protected hectares (nearly 13% of the country). This makes it both the European country with the most natural areas, and also the Natura 2000 Network’ s largest surface area.
- Spain’s biodiversity is among the highest in Europe, with more than 8,000 species of flora (85% of the species in the EU), and nearly 50% of the estimated 142,000 of fauna in Europe.
- Read the full article on the Europarc website
- Read the App’s Review on GreenApps&Web
- Download the app http://ecotouristinspain.soyecoturista.com/