A new Romanian agritourism travel company is offering international guests the chance to stay in traditional cottages in the countryside, sample local food and experiences, visit Dracula’s castle and engage in hands on workshops and other activities. Discover Village Life says it “strives to support the local community and gastronomy by letting tourists from around the world explore a new place at a price they set themselves.”
GRAB THE ESSENTIALS
- Currently called Discover Village Life, the project is crowdsourcing a name for its resort, saying that if you come up with it, you ‘own it for 30 days a year’.
- The company plans to use 10% to 15% of profits to finance a “study scholarship”, starting with the children from the community.
- Discover Village Life at their website.
- Follow Discover Village Life on Twitter and suggest a name.
- Express your support for their idea on Headtalker.