The Brazilian city of Santos is promoting the wealth of its urban birdlife in a way that should be loved by both residents and visitors.Situated on the country’s south eastern coast, the city is home to an estimated 240 species, many of them endemic, and is surrounded by the Atlantic Forest.
- Experts have posted photographic guides to 100 of the species found within the city along public areas.
- An electronic guide that complements the signs will soon be launched.
- They recently opened a 21 metre tall bird-watching tower in the city’s botanical garden. It is the first such urban Birdtower in brazil.
- Read the original article on Inhabitat
- Visit Santos’ Facebook page (Portuguese)
- Read this article on the world’s Top 5 Urban Birdwatching spots